what is difference between formative and shaping
From Middle French formatif
formative (comparative more formative, superlative most formative)
- Of or pertaining to the formation and subsequent growth of something.
- My formative years were spent in an inner city.
- Capable of forming something.
- (biology) Capable of producing new tissue.
- (grammar) Pertaining to the inflection of words.
- (education) Denoting forms of assessment used to guide learning rather than to quantify educational outcomes.
formative (plural formatives)
- (grammar) A language unit that has morphological function.
- feminine plural of formativo
From Middle English shapynge, equivalent to shape + -ing.
- Rhymes: -eɪpɪŋ
shaping (plural shapings)
- The action of the verb to shape.
- (psychology) A method of positive reinforcement of behaviour patterns in operant conditioning.
- present participle of shape
- hasping, pashing, phasing