what is difference between fossilisation and fossilization
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
fossilisation (countable and uncountable, plural fossilisations)
- Britain standard spelling of fossilization.
fossilisation f (plural fossilisations)
- fossilization (the process of conversion into a fossil)
- “fossilisation” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
fossil + -ization or fossilize + -ation
fossilization (countable and uncountable, plural fossilizations)
- The process of converting, or of being converted, into a fossil.
- (figuratively) The process of becoming fixed, unchanging, and out of date.