what is difference between freeing and liberation
- IPA(key): /ˈfɹiːɪŋ/
- present participle of free
freeing (countable and uncountable, plural freeings)
- The act of making something free; liberation.
- feigner, reefing
Borrowed from Middle French libération, and from Latin liberatio, liberationem (“a freeing”), from liberare past participle liberatus (“set free”); see liberate.
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
liberation (countable and uncountable, plural liberations)
- The act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
- The process of striving to achieve equal rights and status.
- animal liberation
- women’s liberation
- liberation at OneLook Dictionary Search
- liberation in Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary, edited by The Keywords Project, Colin MacCabe, Holly Yanacek, 2018.
- “liberation” in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 181.
- liberation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- liberation in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.