what is difference between frightened and scared
- IPA(key): /ˈfɹaɪtn̩d/
- Hyphenation: frigh‧tened
frightened (comparative more frightened, superlative most frightened)
- Afraid; suffering from fear.
- She looked very much frightened.
- He tried to persuade Cicely to stay away from the ball-room for a fourth dance. […] But she said she must go back, and when they joined the crowd again her partner was haled off with a frightened look to the royal circle, […].
- See also Thesaurus:afraid
- simple past tense and past participle of frighten
scare + -ed
- (UK) IPA(key): /skɛəd/
- (US) IPA(key): /skɛəɹd/
- Rhymes: -ɛə(r)d
scared (comparative more scared or scareder, superlative most scared or scaredest)
- Feeling fear; afraid, frightened.
- See Thesaurus:afraid
- simple past tense and past participle of scare
- Cerdas, Dacres, Des Arc, caders, cadres, cedars, crased, decars, e-cards, ecards, sacred
Please follow and like us: