what is difference between frightened and terrified
- IPA(key): /ˈfɹaɪtn̩d/
- Hyphenation: frigh‧tened
frightened (comparative more frightened, superlative most frightened)
- Afraid; suffering from fear.
- She looked very much frightened.
- He tried to persuade Cicely to stay away from the ball-room for a fourth dance. […] But she said she must go back, and when they joined the crowd again her partner was haled off with a frightened look to the royal circle, […].
- See also Thesaurus:afraid
- simple past tense and past participle of frighten
- IPA(key): /ˈtɛɹɪfaɪd/
- Hyphenation: ter‧ri‧fied
terrified (comparative more terrified, superlative most terrified)
- Extremely frightened.
- simple past tense and past participle of terrify
Please follow and like us: