what is difference between gaiety and merriment
From French gaieté, from French gai
- IPA(key): /ˈɡeɪ.ə.ti/, /ˈɡeɪ.ɪ.ti/
- Hyphenation: gai‧e‧ty
- Rhymes: -eɪɪti
gaiety (countable and uncountable, plural gaieties)
- (dated, uncountable) The state of being happy or merry.
- (dated, countable) Merrymaking or festivity.
- (state of being happy): gayness
merry + -ment
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈmɛɹimɨnt/, /ˈmɛɹimənt/
merriment (countable and uncountable, plural merriments)
- a state of enjoyable exuberance
- playful fun
Please follow and like us: