what is difference between gangrenous and mortified
gangrene + -ous
- IPA(key): /ˈɡæŋɡɹɪnəs/
- Hyphenation: gan‧gre‧nous
gangrenous (comparative more gangrenous, superlative most gangrenous)
- Indicative of or afflicted with gangrene.
- The medic worried that Private Johnson’s wounded leg was looking more gangrenous.
- (related to gangrene): infected, necrotic, putrefactive, rotting, septic
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈmɔːtɪˌfaɪd/, /ˈmɔːtəˌfaɪd/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈmɔɹtəˌfaɪd/
- simple past tense and past participle of mortify
mortified (comparative more mortified, superlative most mortified)
- (informal) Acutely embarrassed.
Please follow and like us: