what is difference between geodesic and geodetic
- IPA(key): /ˌd͡ʒiːəˈdiːsɪk/
- Rhymes: -iːsɪk
- Hyphenation: ge‧o‧de‧sic
geodesic (plural geodesics)
- (mathematics) The shortest line between two points on a specific surface.
- (mathematics, spherical geometry) A segment of a great circle.
- (mathematics, sciences) A course allowing the parallel-transport of vectors along a course that causes tangent vectors to remain tangent vectors throughout that course (a straight curve, a line that is straight).
geodesic (comparative more geodesic, superlative most geodesic)
- Of or relating to geodesy.
- Of or relating to a geodesic dome.
- IPA(key): /ˌd͡ʒiːəˈdɛtɪk/
- Rhymes: -ɛtɪk
- Hyphenation: ge‧o‧det‧ic
geodetic (not comparable)
- Of or relating to geodesy; geodesic.
Please follow and like us: