what is difference between geometer and geometrician
Ultimately from Late Latin geōmetra, from Ancient Greek γεωμέτρης (geōmétrēs), from γῆ (gê, “earth”) + μετρέω (metréō, “to measure”).
- (General American) IPA(key): /dʒiˈɑm.ə.tɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dʒiːˈɒm.ɪ.tə/
geometer (plural geometers)
- A mathematician who specializes in geometry.
- (zoology) Any species of geometrid moth (family Geometridae).
- (mathematician): geometrician, geometrist
- geometer moth
geometric + -ian, presumably by analogy with other words in -ician, such as mathematician.
geometrician (plural geometricians)
- A geometer; a mathematician specializing in the study of geometry.
- The synonym geometer is significantly more common.