what is difference between girlhood and maidenhood
girl + -hood
girlhood (countable and uncountable, plural girlhoods)
- (uncountable) The state of being a girl.
- (countable) The childhood of a girl.
From Middle English maydenhode, meidenhod, maȝdenhad, from Old English mæġdenhād (“maidenhood”), equivalent to maiden + -hood.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈmeɪd(ə)nhʊd/
maidenhood (countable and uncountable, plural maidenhoods)
- (uncountable) The condition of being a maiden; the time when one is a maiden or young girl.
- A woman’s virginity or maidenhead.
- Freshness; newness.