what is difference between globefish and puffer
globe + fish
globefish (plural globefishes or globefish)
- Any of many marine fish in the family Tetraodontidae, especially the puffer or sunfish, that can inflate itself to form a globe.
puff + -er
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpʌfɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpʌfə/
- Rhymes: -ʌfə(ɹ)
puffer (plural puffers)
- Someone or something that puffs.
- Any of several poisonous fish, of the family Tetraodontidae, which have the ability to inflate their bodies when in danger.
- A manually-operated inhaler.
- (dated, childish) A train; a locomotive, usually one that is steam-powered.
- A Clyde puffer, a kind of small ship.
- (slang) A car left idling to warm up, emitting steam from the rear.
- (fashion) An insulated puffy jacket, such as a down jacket.
- (dated) A person who gives exaggerated praise to a product, literary work, etc.
- (dated, slang) One who is employed by the owner or seller of goods sold at auction to bid up the price; a by-bidder.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bouvier to this entry?)
- (derogatory) An alchemist; so named from their constant attendance to the bellows of their furnaces.
- The common, or harbour, porpoise.
- A kier used in dyeing.
- (glassblowing) A soffietta.
- (cellular automata) A finite pattern that moves like a spaceship but leaves a trail of debris.
- (fish): globefish, pufferfish
- Clyde puffer
- peter puffer
- pink puffer
- ‘puffer (slang), The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English: A Crunk Omnibus, by Grant Barrett, McGraw-Hill Professional, 2006, p. 273. 
puffer c (singular definite pufferen, plural indefinite puffere)
- (chemistry) buffer
Please follow and like us: