what is difference between godly and worshipful
god + -ly
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɑdli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɒdli/
- Hyphenation: god‧ly
godly (comparative godlier or more godly, superlative godliest or most godly)
- Of or pertaining to a god
- her godly powers = her superhuman powers
- Devoted to a god or God; devout; righteous.
- For godly sorrow worketh repentance.
- Gloriously good.
godly (comparative more godly, superlative most godly)
- In a godly manner; piously; devoutly; righteously.
- All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. — 2. Tim. iii. 12.
- Gloyd, Goldy, dogly, goldy
worship + -ful.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɜːʃɪpfl̩/, /ˈwɔː-/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɝʃɪpfl̩/, /ˈwɔɹ-/
- Hyphenation: wor‧ship‧ful
worshipful (comparative more worshipful, superlative most worshipful)
- Tending to worship; showing reverence.
- (chiefly Britain) Used as respectful form of address for a person or body of persons, especially in the name of a livery company. For example, Most Worshipful Grand Master of the Orange Order in Ireland.
- reverent, reverential
- worshippy (informal)
worshipful (plural worshipfuls)
- (obsolete) One who is respected or worshipped.