what is difference between goulash and gulyas
- gulyas, gulasch, goulasch, gulash
From Hungarian gulyás.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈɡuː.læʃ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɡuː.lɑːʃ/
- Rhymes: -æʃ
goulash (countable and uncountable, plural goulashes)
- A stew of beef or veal and vegetables, flavoured with paprika.
- (bridge) A style of play in which the cards are not thoroughly shuffled between consecutive deals, so as to make the suits less evenly distributed between the players.
From German Gulasch, from Hungarian gulyás.
- IPA(key): /ˈɡulɑʃ/, /ˈɣulɑʃ/
- Hyphenation: gou‧lash
goulash m (plural goulashes, diminutive goulashje n)
- gulache, gulyás
goulash m (uncountable)
- goulash (a stew of beef or veal and vegetables, flavoured with paprika and sour cream)