what is difference between grandness and importance
grand + -ness
grandness (countable and uncountable, plural grandnesses)
- The state of being grand.
Borrowed from Middle French importance, from Medieval Latin importantia.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪmˈpɔːtəns/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪmˈpɔɹtəns/, [-ʔn̩s]
importance (countable and uncountable, plural importances)
- The quality or condition of being important or worthy of note.
- significance or prominence.
- personal status or standing.
- Something of importance.
From Medieval Latin importantia.
- IPA(key): /ɛ̃.pɔʁ.tɑ̃s/
- Rhymes: -ɑ̃s
importance f (plural importances)
- “importance” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).