what is difference between graybeard and greybeard
graybeard (plural graybeards)
- Alternative spelling of greybeard
grey + beard; men of advanced age would be expected to have a grey beard.
greybeard (plural greybeards)
- (poetic) An old man.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:old man
- (figuratively) Any of the members of a group who have been there the longest, often implying experience.
- Synonyms: oldbie, old-timer, veteran
- Hyponym: greymuzzle
- (historical) A coarse earthenware vessel for holding liquor; a bellarmine.
Please follow and like us: