what is difference between guarded and restrained
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɑɹdɪd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɑːdɪd/
- simple past tense and past participle of guard
guarded (comparative more guarded, superlative most guarded)
- Cautious; restrained.
- Watched over; supervised.
- (medicine, often euphemistic) Not favourable.
- Rhymes: -eɪnd
restrained (comparative more restrained, superlative most restrained)
- Held back, limited, kept in check or under control.
- simple past tense and past participle of restrain
- He was restrained by the straight jacket.
Please follow and like us: