what is difference between guideline and guidepost
guide + line
guideline (plural guidelines)
- A non-specific rule or principle that provides direction to action or behaviour.
- He considered the Ten Commandments more a guideline than a requirement.
- A plan or explanation to guide one in setting standards or determining a course of action.
- A light line, used in lettering, to help align the text.
- (non-specific rule): rule of thumb
- (plan or explanation): rule of thumb
- → Japanese: ガイドライン (gaidorain)
Borrowed from English guideline.
guideline f (invariable)
guide + post
- Rhymes: -əʊst
guidepost (plural guideposts)
- A signpost.
- (by extension) Anything that provides guidance; a guideline.
Please follow and like us: