what is difference between gynaecology and gynecology
From gynaeco- + -logy.
gynaecology (usually uncountable, plural gynaecologies) (British spelling, Commonwealth of Nations) (Canadian spelling, common)
- Alternative form of gynecology
- gynaecology (British spelling, Commonwealth of Nations) (Canadian spelling, common)
- gynæcology (archaic)
From French gynécologie, from Ancient Greek γυνή (gunḗ, “woman”) + -logie (“-logy”). Replaced earlier gyniatrics.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌɡaɪnɪˈkɒlədʒi/, /ˌdʒaɪnɪˈkɒlədʒi/ (archaic)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɡaɪnəˈkɑlədʒi/, /ˌdʒaɪnəˈkɑlədʒi/ (archaic)
gynecology (usually uncountable, plural gynecologies) (American spelling) (Canadian spelling, common)
- The study of, or the branch of medicine specializing in, the medical problems of women, especially disorders of the reproductive organs.