what is difference between halftone and photoengraving
half- + tone
halftone (plural halftones)
- (music) Synonym of semitone, half the interval between two notes on a scale.
- (printing) A picture made by using the process of half-toning.
- (art) An intermediate or middle tone in a painting, engraving, photograph, etc.; a middle tint, neither very dark nor very light.
halftone (third-person singular simple present halftones, present participle halftoning, simple past and past participle halftoned)
- To reproduce a photograph or other continuous tone image by the use of dots of various sizes.
- half note
photo- + engraving
photoengraving (countable and uncountable, plural photoengravings)
- (uncountable) A process of transferring a photographic image onto a plate which is then etched and printed.
- (countable) A plate or reproduction made using this process.
- present participle of photoengrave