what is difference between handkerchief and hankie
- handkercher (obsolete)
- hanky (informal)
From hand + kerchief.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈhæŋkətʃiːf/, /ˈhæŋkətʃɪf/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈheɪŋkɚtʃɪf/, /ˈhæŋkɚtʃɪf/
handkerchief (plural handkerchiefs or handkerchieves)
- A piece of cloth, usually square and often fine and elegant, carried for wiping the face, eyes, nose or hands.
- A piece of cloth shaped like a handkerchief to be worn about the neck; a neckerchief or neckcloth.
- pocket handkerchief
- IPA(key): /ˈhæŋki/
hankie (plural hankies)
- (informal, abbreviation, colloquial) A handkerchief
Please follow and like us: