what is difference between hardened and toughened
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhɑɹdn̩d/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhɑːdn̩d/
- Hyphenation: hard‧ened
- simple past tense and past participle of harden
hardened (comparative more hardened, superlative most hardened)
- Unfeeling or lacking emotion due to experience; callous.
- The bloody scene could reduce even the most hardened soldier to tears.
- Firmly established or unlikely to change; inveterate.
- (computing, military) Having extra defences against attack; highly fortified.
- a hardened air base
- a hardened server
- adherend, deharden
- simple past tense and past participle of toughen
Please follow and like us: