what is difference between headdress and headgear
- head dress
head + dress
headdress (plural headdresses)
- A decorative covering or ornament worn on the head.
- A hairdo.
- (an covering or ornament worn on the head): headgear
head + gear
headgear (countable and uncountable, plural headgears)
- (uncountable) Anything worn on the head, such as a hat, hood, helmet, etc.
- The harness that fits on a horse’s head.
- The lifting gear at the head of a mine or deep well.
- (nautical) The rigging on the foresail.
- (orthodontics) A type of orthodontic appliance attached to dental braces that aids in correcting severe bite problems.
- (clothing): headdress, headwear; see also Thesaurus:headwear
- (harness on a horse’s head): bridle
- Heegaard, gear head, gearhead
Please follow and like us: