what is difference between heedful and thoughtful
- heedfull (archaic)
heed + -ful
heedful (comparative more heedful, superlative most heedful)
- taking heed
- paying close attention; mindful
From Middle English thoȝtful, thohtful, equivalent to thought + -ful. Compare Dutch gedachtenvol.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈθɔːtfʊl/, /ˈθɔːtfəl/
- (General American) enPR: thôt’fəl, IPA(key): /ˈθɔtfəl/
- (cot–caught merger) enPR: thät’fəl, IPA(key): /ˈθɑtfəl/
thoughtful (comparative more thoughtful, superlative most thoughtful)
- Demonstrating thought or careful consideration.
- Synonyms: thoughty, carefully, detail oriented
- Demonstrating kindness or consideration for others.
- Synonyms: thoughty, considerate, attentive, caring