what is difference between heliac and heliacal
heliac (not comparable)
- Alternative form of heliacal
Short for helical accelerator.
heliac (plural heliacs)
- A stellarator in which the magnetic axis (and plasma) follows a helical path to form a toroidal helix rather than a simple ring shape.
- Lachie, alchie
From French héliaque
heliac m or n (feminine singular heliacă, masculine plural heliaci, feminine and neuter plural heliace)
From Ancient Greek ἡλιακός (hēliakós, “of the sun”) + -al. Appears in English first in the 16th century.
- (US) IPA(key): /hɪˈlaɪ.ə.kəl/
- (rare) Of or relating to the Sun, especially rising and setting with the sun.
- Of or relating to the rising of a star when it first becomes visible just before sunrise in the eastern sky, having previously been made invisible by sunlight, or the analogous situation of its setting just after sunset.