what is difference between helplessly and impotently
helpless + -ly
- enPR: hĕlpʹləs-lē, IPA(key): /ˈhɛlpləsli/
helplessly (comparative more helplessly, superlative most helplessly)
- Without protection or assistance.
- The fish flopped helplessly in the tiny remaining pool.
- Without the ability to help oneself.
- The boy rolled on the floor laughing helplessly.
- Without the ability to react actively.
- The spectators gaped helplessly as the balloon approached the power lines.
impotent + -ly
impotently (comparative more impotently, superlative most impotently)
- In an impotent manner.
- impotently in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- impotently in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
Please follow and like us: