what is difference between hogback and horseback
hog + back
hogback (plural hogbacks)
- (geology) A sharp steep-sided ridge formed by the erosion of tilting strata
- A hogframe.
- A Viking grave marker taking the form of a recumbent monument, generally with a curved (hogbacked) ridge and outwardly curved sides.
- Hog’s Back
From Middle English horsebacke, horsebak, horsbak, equivalent to horse + back.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhɔɹsˌbæk/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhɔːsˌbæk/
horseback (plural horsebacks)
- (usually with on, upon, etc.) The back of a horse.
- A ridge of sand, gravel, and boulders.
- (ridge): esker
- angels on horseback
- devils on horseback
horseback (not comparable)
- On the back of a horse.
- He rode horseback into town.
- ahorse, ahorseback, on horseback
Please follow and like us: