what is difference between hogfish and pigfish
hog + fish
hogfish (plural hogfishes or hogfish)
- Lachnolaimus maximus, an edible species of wrasse, found in the Caribbean.
- Several of the species of Bodianus.
- The pigfish or sailor’s choice, Orthopristis chrysoptera, or other species in genus Orthospristis.
- Percina caprodes, an American freshwater fish, the log perch, rockfish, a kind of darter.
- A large, red, spiny-headed, European marine fish (Scorpaena scrofa).
- A pinfish, Lagodon rhomboides, ranging from Massachusetts to Texas.
- A grunt, Haemulon parra.
pig + fish
pigfish (plural pigfishes or pigfish)
- Any one of several species of salt-water grunts, called also hogfish.
- The golden-spot hogfish, Bodianus perditio
- The redmouth grunt, Orthopristis chrysoptera
- The red pigfish, Bodianus unimaculatus
- Any of several other fishes thought to resemble pigs, including
- A sculpin, family Cottidae
- Fishes in the family Congiopodidae
Please follow and like us: