what is difference between homeothermic and homoiothermic
homeo- + thermic, from the Ancient Greek ὅμοιος (hómoios, “of like kind, similar”) in conjunction with θέρμη (thérmē, “heat”).
homeothermic (not comparable)
- (zoology) Capable of maintaining a relatively constant body temperature independent of the surrounding environment.
- Synonyms: endothermic, warm-blooded, homothermic
- Antonyms: ectothermic, cold-blooded, poikilothermic
- Polish: homeotermiczny (pl)
homoiothermic (not comparable)
- Alternative form of homeothermic
Please follow and like us: