what is difference between huffy and touchy
huff + -y
- IPA(key): /ˈhʌfi/
- Rhymes: -ʌfi
huffy (comparative huffier, superlative huffiest)
- Angry, annoyed, indignant or irritated.
- Easily offended; thin-skinned or touchy.
- haughty, arrogant
- Puffed up.
- huffy bread
From a later variant of tachy, techy, teachie, tetchy, simulating touch + -y. More at tetchy.
- IPA(key): /ˈtʌtʃi/
- Rhymes: -ʌtʃi
touchy (comparative touchier, superlative touchiest)
- (of a situation) Extremely sensitive or volatile; easily disturbed to the point of becoming unstable; requiring caution or tactfulness.
- It is an extremely touchy situation, with everybody’s patience wearing thin.
- (of a person) Easily offended; oversensitive; ticklish.
- He can be very touchy when you talk about his cat, so be as tactful as possible.
- touch and go