what is difference between Summery and Summary
From summer + -y. Compare Swedish somrig (“summery”).
- enPR: sŭmʹə-rē, IPA(key): /ˈsʌməɹi/
- Homophone: summary
summery (comparative summerier, superlative summeriest)
- Relating to the summer.
- She wore a light summery dress.
- Of weather, typical of summer.
- (relating to the summer): aestival, estival, summer (as a modifier)
- (of weather, typical of summer): summerish, summerlike, summerly
- Misspelling of summary.
From Medieval Latin summārius, from Latin summa.
- IPA(key): /ˈsʌməɹi/
- Homophone: summery
summary (comparative more summary, superlative most summary)
- Concise, brief or presented in a condensed form
- A summary review is in the appendix.
- Performed speedily and without formal ceremony.
- They used summary executions to break the resistance of the people.
- (law) Performed by skipping the procedures of a standard and fair trial.
- Summary justice is bad justice.
summary (plural summaries)
- An abstract or a condensed presentation of the substance of a body of material.
- upshot, bottom line, short form (slang)