what is difference between Testimonial and Testimony
From French testimonial, from Late Latin testimonialis (“of or pertaining to testimony”), from Latin testimonium (“testimony”). See testimony.
testimonial (plural testimonials)
- A statement, especially one given under oath; testimony
- A written recommendation of someone’s worth or character
- A tribute given in appreciation of someone’s service etc.
- (soccer) A match played in tribute to a particular player (who sometimes receives a proportion of the gate money).
testimonial (not comparable)
- Serving as testimony.
- a testimonial statement
- testimonial in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- testimonial in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- IPA(key): /tɛs.ti.mɔ.njal/
testimonial (feminine singular testimoniale, masculine plural testimoniaux, feminine plural testimoniales)
Borrowed from English.
testimonial m (invariable)
testimonial m or f (invariable)
- Person giving a testimonial
From French testimonial, from Latin testimonialis.
testimonial m or n (feminine singular testimonială, masculine plural testimoniali, feminine and neuter plural testimoniale)
- IPA(key): /testimoˈnjal/, [t̪es.t̪i.moˈnjal]
testimonial (plural testimoniales)
- token; nominal
- testimonie (obsolete)
From Latin testimōnium (“testimony”), from testis (“a witness”). See test.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈtɛstɪmoʊni/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtɛstɪməni/
testimony (countable and uncountable, plural testimonies)
- (law) Statements made by a witness in court.
- An account of first-hand experience.
- (religion) In a church service (or religious service), a personal account, such as one’s conversion, testimony of faith, or life testimony.
- Witness; evidence; proof of some fact.
- When ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them.
- (law) deposition
- compel testimony
- testimony in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- testimony in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.